7.23.2014

Salmon Salad



Well, it's hot and steamy here in Simsbury, CT. I'm talking about the climate, by the way.

With it being so hot and humid I've tried to minimize the amount of time I spend using the oven and stove. 
One recipe I keep going back to again and again is this salmon salad. I love putting it on fresh bread, but I've also eaten straight out of the bowl. Sawyer loves this stuff. Which is great since it's a nice source of protein and fatty acids for his growing body. 

I find my canned salmon at Costco, they are a pretty good deal, and it tastes great! I don't think I'll ever go back to tuna salad. In the heat of summer it's an added bonus that you don't have to add any heat to your house to create a healthy, satisfying meal.

Salmon Salad

2 (6 ounce) cans pink salmon, drained
1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon fresh or dried dill


1. In a bowl, combine salmon, green onions, celery, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season with dill and salt. Mix well.


2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog!! This looks amazing. I'm a little hesitant to tried canned salmon... especially because Costco buys are such a big commitment. Is it super fishy? I do like tuna fish, and the husband loves cooked salmon, so I feel like this is a step in the right direction (we are really trying to eat healthy, but I just ate cookie crisp for breakfast so, uh... we need some help).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found my blog!
      The taste of canned salmon is a lot like canned tuna, but not as fishy. If you like tuna you'll like canned salmon. However, if you like fresh salmon you may not like canned salmon. Hopefully that makes sense haha!

      Delete